Making Labneh with Olive Oil Gold

>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010

During our trip to Italy last summer, we of course had to bring home some "real" Italian extra virgin olive oil and sundried tomatoes.  Most extra virgin olive oil in the states isn't actually extra virgin olive oil.  Some are made of soybean oil with flavor additives.  Companies don't have to tell you this because the US is not a part of the International Olive Oil Council.  Check this out if you're as curious about it as I was.   Blows your mind?  Wait until you hear about honey.



For the labneh (yogurt cheese Middle Eastern style) I followed this method using 24-hour fermented yogurt made with half and half.  I formed the yocheese into little balls and let them dry on the counter for a few hours.  I then put them into a container with some olive oil, red pepper flakes, dried basil, and sundried tomatoes.  After marinating for a few days, we had schmeared labneh on roasted lamb and veggies.  So good!



2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 6, 2010 at 5:21 AM  

I have to say that looks very delicious

Donnie Darko April 7, 2010 at 4:39 AM  

These are very good...I should know, I get to eat them. I put up a fight in the beginning, but somehow you seem to know what foods I will like. You do great work...and have me healthier in the process.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP