Sauerkraut..Es gefällt mir!

>> Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A few weeks ago I started a batch of green/purple sauerkraut.  Last year I was addicted to cultured foods and tried to ferment anything and everything.  The last batch I made went earlier this year went bad within a few days and it's taken me a few months to get up the courage to try again.  Pounds of carrots into the garbage.  I was heartbroken.

I decided on a simple sauerkraut this time- cabbage, salt, and water.  The bottles sat out on the counter for about 5 days before I moved them to the fridge.  I'm setting these aside for the intro phase of the GAPS diet that I am planning to start next week. 


3 comments:

Mrs. Ed May 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

I'm hosting a web carnival this month. Just in case you're interested: Go ahead Honey It's Gluten-Free

Anonymous,  May 5, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

I could imagine that this recipe is quite good. I am looking forward to trying it. Everything else that you have posted, I have eaten, and they were very tasty. Keep up the great work. Keep posting.

Chris,  May 17, 2010 at 2:31 AM  

That is such a cool pic of you on your right margin. I would like to know who took that pic. He could be a photographer!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP